Book Title: The Symphony of Reflexes: Interventions for Human Development, Autism, ADHD, CP, and Other Neurological Disorders
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Author: Bonnie Brandes M.Ed.
- The Rhythmic Movement Method: A Revolutionary Approach to Improved Health and Well-Being
- Smart Moves: Why Learning Is Not All in Your Head
- The Well Balanced Child: Movement and Early Learning (Hawthorn Press Early Years)
- Disconnected Kids: The Groundbreaking Brain Balance Program for Children with Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, and Other Neurological Disorders (The Disconnected Kids Series)
- Educate Your Brain
- Eyegames: Easy and Fun Visual Exercises: An OT and Optometrist Offer Activities to Enhance Vision!
- Sensorimotor Interventions: Using Movement to Improve Overall Body Function
- Reflexes, Learning And Behavior: A Window into the Child's Mind : A Non-Invasive Approach to Solving Learning & Behavior Problems
- The Dominance Factor: How Knowing Your Dominant Eye, Ear, Brain, Hand & Foot Can Improve Your Learning
- The Disconnected Kids Nutrition Plan: Proven Strategies to Enhance Learning and Focus for Children with Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, and Other Neurological Disorders (The Disconnected Kids Series)
Primitive reflexes play an important role in the development of the neurological system in all aspects of our cognition, behavior, and movement. They affect our quality of life, determine our potential, and even our happiness. For children with disabilities, a group of unintegrated or undeveloped reflexes can not only affect their ability to learn but also play a large part in other neurological conditions, such as autism and cerebral palsy.
In The Symphony of Reflexes: Interventions for Autism, ADHD, Cerebral Palsy, and Human Development, Bonnie L. Brandes, MEd, provides a thorough discussion of these primitive reflexes and then presents specific movements in her program, “QRI Brain Boost,” designed to help children with learning disabilities and neurological conditions. As the founder of Quantum Reflex Integration, QRI®, the author uses acu-reflex points and cold laser to integrate primitive reflexes. Her programs are used in over thirty countries.
“The timing of this book could not be better, because the incidence of autism and other sensory and neurological disorders continues to climb at an alarming rate, a rate that cannot be exclusively explained by better labeling or improved diagnostic techniques. Understanding primitive reflexes and the role they play in neurological and social development is the key to healing this newest generation.
“The Symphony of Reflexes is not only a guide for the recovery of the nervous system for those with autism, ADHD, and other learning disabilities, but also a guide for human development and maximizing human potential.
“Finally, Bonnie brings to life environmental factors, such as stress during pregnancy, diet and nutrition, EM Radiation, and the Brain-Gut relationship, as well as the ever-growing amount of toxic chemicals that are part of our environment. Being aware of the potential causes is a key step in securing a healthier future for ourselves and the next generation of children.
“Bonnie has assembled an incredible amount of information and organized it in a helpful and straightforward manual. No matter how we are interacting with our environment, whether we are catching a ball, riding a bike, or holding a paint brush, each of these activities have their roots in The Symphony of Reflexes.” —Dr. Donald Gerken DC, DACCP, CSTD